pthread debugging problem

Mark Chambers markc at mail.com
Sat Apr 23 05:50:18 EST 2005

I am debugging a simple program with several threads, using pthreads.
printf's tell me that the threading is working, but I am unable to debug
the program with gdb (gdbserver on the target).  I get spurious
'Program received signal SIG32, Real-time even 32' messages.
I'm using a stock ELDK tree via NFS boot.  I couldn't tell you the ELDK
version but I've listed some of the components below.

I've found postings in the general linux community, but they don't seem
to apply in this case.  I've compiled a late gdb (6.2), tried later versions
of all the libraries that seem relevant, to no avail.  Any ideas?  Or,
equally valuable, is anybody debugging pthreads successfully on ppc,
what is your setup?

Thanks,
Mark Chambers

versions: