Marvell 64360, MPSC Serial Console Problem

Suresh Chandra Mannava msuresh at gamebox.net
Fri Apr 22 15:07:53 EST 2005

> Suresh,
>
> I think you fixed a symptom but not the problem.  By default, the rx
> buffers are indeed 32 bytes long (i.e., a cacheline in size).  When
> receiving, the mpsc will generate an interrupt when there is an error,
> when the buffer is full (32 bytes--unlikely if you're typing), or
> after a timeout.  I suspect your timeout value is bogus so you don't
> get the interrupt until you fill the buffer with 32 bytes.  Please
> compare the platform_data that you pass to the mpsc driver to other,
> working systems that use the mpsc (e.g., katana and cpci690).  In
> particular, look at your 'max_idle' value.
>
> Mark

Mr. Mark,

Thank you for your reply. You exactly pointed out the mistake I had done
with max_idle.
I didn't initialized the mpsc_pdata structure in platform dependent
file. Now I initialized max_idle =40.
And every thing is working fine.

Still facing some problems with mv64360 giga Ethernet driver. I will
come back after a little bit of investigation.

Regards,
Suresh Chandra Mannava