Creating a Bin file with Kernel and root Filesystem and loading in Flash

Vijesh VH vijesh.vh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:39:22 EST 2005

Hi,

I am currently working on IBM PowerPC 405 Processor. I cross Compiled the
Kernel 2.4.29 and also created the filesystem. I was able to boot the kernel
with filesystem using NFS( via TFTP protocol). I want to know how to burn
the Kernel and root Filesystem into the flash. The bootloader i Am using is
OPENBIOS provided by IBM.
Also i would like to know how the compression activities take place for
creating kernel and filesystem as single file(*.bin).

--
Thanks in advance and Regards,
Vijesh V H