mtd mount problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 21 20:32:29 EST 2005

In message <200504211117.25584.Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de> you wrote:

> /dev # date > /dev/mtd1
> MTD_open
> MTD_ioctl
> MTD_write
> MTD do_write_buffer(): software timeout
ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR

> MTD_close
> /dev #
>
> It all seems to be fine, but...

I disagree. There was a  pretty  clear  error  message  above.  Don't
ignore this, it will bite you later.

> dev # mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt/Flash1
> mount: Mounting /dev/mtdblock1 on /mnt/Flash1 failed: No such device

Assuming that this is a mount builtin to the  busybox,  this  message
means  that  there  is  no such file as "/dev/mtdblock1" in your root
file system - exactly as the error message says.

> I checked out the Majors of my ramdisk, they are ok.

What has a ramdisk to do with this?

What does "cat /proc/mtd" show? What are  the  kernel  boot  messages
look like?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at  the  wa-
terline.  Beyond  that,  we  all enter the food chain, and not always
right at the top."                               - Hunter S. Thompson