824x Sandpoint with 2.6.x

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Thu Apr 21 03:46:58 EST 2005

Sam Song wrote:

>"Mark A. Greer" <mgreer at mvista.com> wrote:
>

>>>Kernel command line:
>>>console=uart,mmio,0xfdfce500,115200n8
>>>console=ttyS0,115200
>>>root=/dev/ram rw ramdisk_size=200000
>>>ip=192.168.0.3:192.168..2:::sandpoint:et
>>>h0:off panic=1
>>>

>><snip>
>>
>>Get rid of the
>>"console=uart,mmio,0xfdfce500,115200n8" part of the
>>cmdline and see what happens (keep the
>>"console=ttyS0,115200" part).
>>

>If so, kernel will hang after loading the kernel......

Okay, obviously something is wrong. Adding another console line isn't
fixing anything, its just allowing you to flounder on a little further.
IMHO, adding another console line isn't going to help and will only add
confusion.

>I cannot see any active info.Is early console output
>message not enough to find out something useful?

Sure it does. You have to enable it, then add some progress lines to
help narrow down where you're panic'ing/hanging. You can even use the
progress facility to dump the __log_buf.

I'm taking your unwillingness to use a jtag/cops debugger as indication
that you don't have such a tool!?!?

Mark