PPC 44x Watchdog timer

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi-industries.com
Wed Apr 20 22:02:45 EST 2005

After looking at the current BitKeeper 2.4 development tree on
source.mvista.com, it looks like the use of the hardware watchdog timer was
discontinued at some point in favor of using the general purpose timer.  The
watchdog exception interrupt isn't used, and it's only configurable for
PPC405 (although I think that the technique would work for the whole 4xx
family).

Or am I misreading the code?

It would also be nice if your patch were applied to the 2.6 kernel tree.