824x Sandpoint with 2.6.x

Sam Song samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Apr 14 15:01:04 EST 2005

--- "Mark A. Greer" <mgreer at mvista.com> wrote:
[snip]
> No problem, Sam. Let me know if you encounter any
> problems with it.

Well, encounter one puzzle on bd_info:-)

I use 2.6.11 release package on my custom Sandpoint
board with u-boot. In 2.6.11 ppcboot.h, I noticed
that there were no CONFIG_8260 but CONFIG_CPM2,
which had a conflict with bd_info of u-boot. Does
CONFIG_CPM2 means CONFIG_8260 in 2.6.x? If so, it
seems that I should use CPM2 UART driver rather
than the one CONFIG_SERIAL_8250 which is defined by
sandpoint_defconfig. Well, CPM2 UART driver support
is off line from menuconfig:-(

I created one image only with 8250 serial and RAMDISK
support kernel. The console setting is "ttyS0,115200".
But hanged after loading the kernel... What could the
problem be?

Thanks for your kind help,

Sam