MPC5200 I2S driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 13 09:40:05 EST 2005

In message <6.2.1.2.1.20050412173010.02adaaa0 at mail.int.acdstar.com> you wrote:

> Humm, any pointers on writing our own driver then then?  Digging through
> the source for other drivers, bestcomm seems to be a real house of
> cards.  We just want simple audio output capability.  No need to make it
> work with the standard Linux/OSS sound API.

User the i2s_ring.c driver as model.

> Where can we keep track of the eratta/bugs in bestcomm?  Browsing through
> the mailing list, I've found references that:
>    IDE and Ethernet DMA can't work at the same time
>    I2S TX and RX DMA can't work at the same time
>    AC-97 is terminally broken (no way to handle the slot tags properly
>           for variable sampling rates)
> Are these all still true?

This probably depends on your definition  of  "can't  work".  If  you
allow  for  a  failure every now and then under certain (more or less
exotic) usage conditions ... ;-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have been over into the future, and it works.
                - Lincoln Steffens in _Letters_ (1938) vol. 1, p. 463