cross-compiling under cygwin?

Howard, Marc Marc.Howard at KLA-Tencor.com
Tue Apr 12 04:30:32 EST 2005

Wolfgang,

It has a /dev filesystem but exporting it doesn't work.  Yes, user and
group ids are supported and it can either be from group/passwd files or
NIS.  It does have hard and soft links.  It is a pretty extensive port
(formerly known as Internix).

It is a solution for environments that have IT departments full of
Micro$soft trained robots located an ocean away who will only allow
installation of Redmond-blessed add-ons.

I'm not pushing it as a solution but it is a free way to have a mount a
NFS-style filesystem on an embedded linux board.  I believe I did
mention that I disliked recommending it but to deny it exists would be
censorship.

Marc W. Howard