moving from devfs to udev with 2.6 kernel on 8xx board?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 11 23:37:28 EST 2005

  since i don't have enough anguish in my life, i thought i might take
today to see if i can migrate from devfs to udev on my 8xx board.  at
the moment, with a 2.6.11.7 kernel, i have:

  busybox-1.00
  networking with the I2C/SPI/SMC1 patch installed
  devfs
  JFFS2 support in kernel (but no partition definition yet)

before i start reading up on udev, any guidance on whether this will
be straightforward, or will i want to slit my wrists by lunch time?
thanks.

rday