8xx v2.6 TLB problems and suggested workaround

Joakim Tjernlund Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se
Sun Apr 10 05:03:54 EST 2005

> On Apr 8, 2005, at 7:07 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
>
> > 1) _tlbie() on update_mmu_cache() surrounded by CONFIG_8xx #ifdef
> > Did you give up about it?
>
> I think a tlbia() of the vaddr should work here.  No sense blowing
> away the whole TLB cache for this.

Umm, isn't it the other way around? tlbie flushes one TLB whereas tlbia flushes
all TLBs.

> > What else you think can be done?
>
> It would be interesting to change __flush_dcache_icache()
> to use the 8xx SPR cache operations instead of the dcbst instruction.

yes, but I think these operates on physical addresses which makes it a bit harder.
I still think this can be resolved in fault.c. Replace
	andis.	r11, r10, 0x0200	/* If set, indicates store op */
	beq	2f
in the DTLB Error handler with
	andis.	r11, r10, 0x4800	/* If set, indicates invalid pte or protection violation */
	bne	2f
In fault.c you can check if both store and invalid is set simultaneously. If it is, clear
the store flag and continue as usual.