Flat OF Device Tree for ppc32 [was: Platform bus/ppc sys model...]

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Apr 8 03:35:51 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 12:20, Tom Rini wrote:
> Part of the point of this is to move to a defined interface :)

I've extracted a defined interface for the _current_ bd_t
structure so far.  I'm telling you, you're not going to
like it... :-)

So what do you want to do with it?  Specifically, my tree
is in this state:

    - I have made two files, a .c and a .h that contain
      essentially a grand-union of all of the bd_t and
      board_info structure definitions that I could find.

    - I have introduced shim function definitions that are
      simple accessor functions to front the common structure
      definition.

It is semi gross in that this file contains a plethora of
#ifdef messes that span multiple PPC32 boards and architectures.
Whereas these used to be nicely distributed (:-)) they are
all gathered into one place that clearly demonstrates a
few things:

    - This is wrong and needs to be cleaned up more :-),

    - Obvious refactoring for common functionality that
      is NOT board-specific is still needed,

    - There are 51 unique fields in all the bd_t defs.

I am currently proving that various platforms still build.
I'm not going to be able to run-test any boards except
a limited few.

I will happily supply a diff of my messings to the list or
a few individuals who want it.

jdl