Kernel SCM saga..

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Apr 7 09:16:40 EST 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:37:46AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any plans yet how to continue PPC  kernel  development  now
> that Linus (and probably others, too) stopped using BitKeeper?
>
> See http://www.lib.uaa.alaska.edu/linux-kernel/archive/2005-Week-14/0826.html

Larely unchanged.  The linuxppc-2.5 tree hasn't been active for a while,
so "official" trees shouldn't be a problem.  I would hope/imagine that
whatever is picked up next will allow the sub-projects that've had
multiple colaborators (such as mpc52xx or marvell support) to work in
some fashion.  For single-user stuff, I can't recommend quilt
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/quilt) enough.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/