FCC Ethernet startup crash

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Wed Apr 6 04:53:36 EST 2005

> From: Dan Malek [mailto:dan at embeddededge.com]
> On Apr 5, 2005, at 12:41 PM, Rune Torgersen wrote:
>
> > Without calling fcc_restart in the start, I get lots of
> "eth0: tx queue
> > full!." messages.
>
> Do you tftp boot your kernel using the boot rom?  Does the
> boot rom disable the Ethernet before calling the kernel?

Yes, I tftp the kernel, using U-Boot (1.1.2 CVS Head as of 11-20-04).
Haven't looked at the code, but I think it disablesd the FCC Ethernets
(Have seen discussions about htat on u-boot mailing list before)

The patch Stefan Nickl gave to me works perfectly, and all it does is
basically move the fcc_restart.
The kernel was still calling fcc_restart twiche per FCC at startup (one
time on init_fcc_startup, and then again in fcc_open), now it just calls
it twice in fcc_open. Seems to work.