Flat OF Device Tree for ppc32 [was: Platform bus/ppc sys model...]

Andrei Konovalov akonovalov at ru.mvista.com
Mon Apr 4 20:56:21 EST 2005

Hi Jakob!

Yes, Jon Loeliger's implementation plan looks OK for me
(as far as I understood Jon's posting; having look at
the current patch would be great). And I could participate
in the implementation for Xilinx if needed too, but don't
object if you do it by yourself (at the moment, I know
little about the OF device tree, so just testing the patch
on ML300 would be fine for me as well).

Should we rely on U-Boot to give that device tree structure to
the kernel? If I got it correct this is how the Freescale team
plans to proceed. Jon (Masters), are you going the same way?
Anyone using arch/ppc/boot/simple bootwrapper with his Virtex 2 Pro
board? If we drop Virtex 2 Pro support in arch/ppc/boot and move to
U-Boot would it hurt anyone?

Thanks,
Andrei