Linux for the Xilinx Memec V2P20-1152

Jakob Viketoft jakob.viketoft at bitsim.se
Mon Apr 4 17:41:05 EST 2005

Hi!

Short checklist to get you going:

1. Make sure you have a cross-compile toolchain. Get/build one from the
script at http://kegel.com/crosstool/ (demo-405.sh for this board).
2. Download a kernel from kernel.org, latest now is 2.6.11.6.
3. Change in the kernel Makefile to set CROSS_COMPILE to the toolchain
and ARCH to ppc. (Can be given as command-line parameters with make as
well.)
4. Change the arch/ppc/platforms/4xx/xparameters/xparameters_ml300.h to
use your addresses, frequencies etc.
5. Make a minimal config or use the one I've submitted (beware of the
ramdisk size however).

This is very basic support, no eth for example and printouts on serial
port. Good luck!

	/Jakob