Merge 8xx to Linus tree?

Pantelis Antoniou panto at intracom.gr
Fri Oct 29 22:54:00 EST 2004

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

>>>Any progress?
>>>
>>>Jocke
>>>

>>I'm currently battling to make 2.6.10-rc1 work the same way it used do.
>>
>>But something changed in slab management and the kmallocs in request_irq
>>called by init_IRQ fails.
>>

>hmm, I think I saw something about that in the www log for Linus kernel. It is offline so
>I can't check now.
>
>The www I/F for both Linus tree(http://linux.bitkeeper.com/) and the ppc tree(http://ppc.bitkeeper.com/)
>are offline alot. Anyone who knows whats going on?
>
> Jocke

Found the bug.

IRQ code is now common for all arches, but ppc used a special
irq_kmalloc routine, since request irq was called very early.

The generic code just calls straight kmalloc, which obviously craps out
when too early.

Lets see what can I do to fix it...

BTW I'm curious if any embedded PPC actually works on 2.6.10...

Regards

Pantelis