CLI for Embedded Systems

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Fri Oct 29 22:50:00 EST 2004

[mailto:linuxppc-embedded-bounces at ozlabs.org] On Behalf Of Mukund JB.
> Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 2:38 AM
> To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> Subject: CLI for Embedded Systems
>

> Hello all,
> Good news. Linux on a new device.
>
> Now, we are porting Linux to a Intrusion Detection & protection
Device.
> I need some help in finding out Embedded Command Line Interface (CLI).
>
> Where can I find the source code & some documentation about CLI?
>
> Thanks for the help in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Mukund jampala

Check out the "hush" shell
  http://www.cs.vu.nl/~eliens/online/hush/index.html
an example of the use of hush in an embedded environment is u-boot
  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CommandLineParsing
I assume the first link is what is used in u-boot, I did not look into
it closely (my doubts are because the hush shell in the first link talks
about C++ and u-boot is C).

Check out BusyBox
  http://www.busybox.net/

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.