uboot and ppc405

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 26 04:12:31 EST 2004

In message <1098701468l.31592l.0l at ipnnarval> you wrote:

> We re starting a disign with xilinx chip Virtex II pro and I wonder the =20
> typical size of an uboot binary. This is for our electronician disigner =20
> in order to dimension the prom and so on...

Depending on your configuration (selected features) U-Boot  typically
needs 100...240 kB of flash memory. If you reseve 256 kB in flash you
should have no problems.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"More software projects have gone awry for lack of calendar time than
for all other causes combined."
                         - Fred Brooks, Jr., _The Mythical Man Month_