CPM2 uart early console

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Oct 23 06:10:52 EST 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 04:57:56PM -0500, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> Is there any way of getting an early console output on a kernel on an
> 8260? (running u-boot as bootloader)

Yes, A mini-driver to hook into ppc_md.progress would be one method.
Another would be to do what's needed (I don't know off-hand what, sorry)
so that you can register the console much earlier, like the
early_printk.c stuff (see arch/x86_64/kernel/early_printk.c) does.

> BTW..
> What are the device node numbers for ttyCPM[0..5] ?

204 42...45 (devices.txt in linuxppc-2.5, Pantelis ever figure out what
to do about the device # conflict with the i.MX driver so we can push
that small bit upstream ?)

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/