gdb on a 440GP ELDK

Mark Powell medp at primagraphics.com
Fri Oct 22 00:43:19 EST 2004

Jon Masters wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:10:44 +0100, Mark Powell <medp at primagraphics.com> wrote:
>

>>The system seems to basically run fine apart from the fact that gdb
>>doesn't stop at any breakpoints.
>>

>Can you please provide an example? How are you running the program
>being debugged? If it's a daemon, are you running it interactively or
>trying to let it detach itself?

Even the most simple scenario doesn't work, e.g.:

    dev245:medp LinuxTestProgs> gcc -g -Wall -o hello hello.c
    dev245:medp LinuxTestProgs> gdb hello
    GNU gdb Yellow Dog Linux (5.2.1-4b_3)
    (gdb) l
    1       #include <stdio.h>
    2
    3       int main(int argc, char* argv[])
    4       {
    5               printf ("Hello world\n");
    6               return 0;
    7       }
    (gdb) break 5
    Breakpoint 1 at 0x100004a8: file hello.c, line 5.
    (gdb) run
    Starting program:
    /central/Build/MEDP/Sentric576/Code/LinuxTestProgs/hello
    Hello world

    Program exited normally.
    (gdb)

As you can see, it just doesn't break.
I did some more checking. The same card running a 4xx file system from
MontaVista 2.1 behaves the same. A 405GP card running the MVL2.1 behaves
properly. So it points to something about the 440.
As I said, kernel is 2.4.25 from ELDK3.0. I cloned the basic platform
init code from the Ebony pretty closely, just changed the external
interrupt configs, RTC type and things like that.

I would appreciate any ideas.
thanks

--
Mark Powell, Senior Software Engineer
Curtiss-Wright Controls Embedded Computing
Email: medp at primagraphics.com