problem with pseudoterminals

Branko on dkts brankok at dkts.co.yu
Tue Oct 19 17:34:06 EST 2004

Hello group!

I would be most grateful for your help.

I am trying to port a working application built in a Linux environment from PC onto PPC. The ppc Linux distribution I am using is ELDK 3.0. The application I am trying to port is actually a client/server pair of programs based on pseudo-terminals. The state of the matter is this: All necessary infrastructure is created with no problems. However, the communication does not work, i.e. anything written to the master does not appear as input to the slave and vice verse. Let me point out that devpts filesystem is mounted at dev/pts and "Unix98 terminal support" is included. As I have already mentioned, everything is working fine on PC.

I would really appreciate it very much if anyone could provide me with some additional information or give me some advice I could follow.

Kindest regards,
Branko