Booting Linux using a PlanetCore BootLoader

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 01:53:25 EST 2004

I cant believe I was stupid enough to beleive that the
user's manual of an eval board was giving me the
correct information.

The problem turned out to be that the FCC controllers
were not assigned to the ports that the manual stated.
They were switched. I was configuring the wrong FCC
controllers. Doh!

By manually looking at the FCC registers during tftp
transfers from the bootloader, I was able to figure
out that the controller in use for the port was
different from the one that the manual was telling me.

I appreciate all the help that I got in solving my
weird problems. Special thanks to Dan. I think I am
almost done supporting the EP8280 in the Linux Kernel
from denx.