MPC8560 problem to launch user application like /sbin/init

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Oct 15 01:28:38 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 22:13, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Have you turned on emulation of FP in the kernel?
>
> - kumar
>
> On Oct 13, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Dan Malek wrote:
>

> > On Oct 13, 2004, at 1:07 PM, Laurent Lagrange wrote:
> >
> > > The console is mapped on SCC1 port.
> >  > CCSRBAR is mapped at 0xF8000000 and immr at 0xF8080000.
> >
> > I would suggest using the standard memory map the rest of
> >  us use for 8560.  It makes the porting lots easier.

Yeah, sticking with the standard memory map will likely help.

Are you using U-Boot to front this booting operation, or
just directly coding your own setup?

> > > All things run fine until I launch the /sbin/init file from a nfs
> > > networK.

Another popular failure mode of this step is the lack of
some library, file or permisssions on a file necessary to
run the init code.  A workaround is to statically link the
init code and see if that works too.

HTH,
jdl