MPC8560 problem to launch user application like /sbin/init

Laurent Lagrange lagrange at fr.oleane.com
Thu Oct 14 19:49:18 EST 2004

Hi,

> Have you turned on emulation of FP in the kernel?
No I did not it, but with the FP emulation on, the Linux runs...
Many thanks for your help.

> > The console is mapped on SCC1 port.
> > CCSRBAR is mapped at 0xF8000000 and immr at 0xF8080000.
> I would suggest using the standard memory map the rest of
> us use for 8560.  It makes the porting lots easier.
Sure. But where can I find the standard rules ?
Are the rules dependent on each demo board like 8560_ads ?
Do the custom boots respect some rules ?

> I open 2 TLBs on memory and a big TLB for all IOs included CSSRBAR.
> How do you to this?  The linux ppc kernel already manages all
> of this mapping for you.
Right. I let the kernel configure the memory TLBs but I use
a call to io_block_mapping to open the IO space
io_block_mapping(0xf0000000, 0xf0000000, 0x10000000, _PAGE_IO);

Thanks again
Bye
Laurent