Embedded linux port for PowerPC ?

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Oct 13 22:24:12 EST 2004

[mailto:linuxppc-embedded-bounces at ozlabs.org] On Behalf Of Mukund JB.
> 	Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 6:45 AM
> 	To: linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org
> 	Subject: Embedded linux port for PowerPC ?
>
>	Hello all,
>
>	This is my first visit to the mailists.
>	I have assigned to port Embedded Linux to PowerPC Board.
>
>	Where do I get the Embedded Linux kernel & Source code for
PowerPC?
>	Can you provide me with some documents related to porting
Embedded Linux to PowerPC Board?
>	How do I know the available Embedded Linux ports for PowerPC?
>
>	Regards,
>
>	Mukund jampala

See
  <http://denx.de/e/index1.php?head=solution-se-head>

Download the Embedded Linux Development Kit (ELDK) from
<http://www.denx.de>

http://denx.de/e/index1.php?head=docs-head&main=docs&subnav=docs-subnav&
logo=logo-se&mainnav=docsnav&bottom=bottom-se
This is the #1 easiest solution (in my book at least) to a cross
development environment.

Read the documentation there DENX U-Boot and Linux Guide (DULG) -- while
it says 8xx, it generally applies to all PowerPCs.
  <http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual>

If you need a boot loader (quite likely), look at u-boot.  Download it
and read the README file for instructions on how to port it to your
hardware.  U-boot is also associated with Wolfgang Denks (denx.de).
  <http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot>

Good luck and read carefully.  There is a wealth of good information in
those resources.

gvb

The following messages are brought to you by the Lawyers' League of
IdioSpeak:

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.