next pass of cleaning up micropatch.c

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Sat Oct 9 02:35:52 EST 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i'll put the actual code back in, but you might have second thoughts
> when we're up to 8 or 10 patches some day. :-)

No, I won't.  I'm an old school engineer that believes writing software
is as much art as engineering.  Macros have their place, but only
when appropriate.  The only thing I hate more than macros is
code in include files.  Instead of those macros, I would have written
a simple function that takes a microcode patch array, #define'd
those hard coded addresses with logical names and passed it
into that function.

Thanks.

	-- Dan