Bridge, promiscous mode andCPM2

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Sat Oct 9 01:39:38 EST 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> Assuming CPM2 => 82xx or 85xx CPU.

Yes.

> I have no idea who or why that early return was put in,
> but it does disable multicast and promiscous mode
> on the FCC ethernets.

Because I never wrote (or lifted from somewhere else)
the function to run the CRC generator for creating the
multicast filters (the CPM1 on 8xx has hardware support
for this).  I left the function there as a  place holder to get
promiscuous mode, and someone did finish that function.
It should be in one of the several kernel source trees......
If not, I'll try to find the patch and do it again.

	-- Dan