8247 and AC97 codec

G. T. ppclist at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:17:27 EST 2004

Hallo!

Our company have a custom board with a 860T a VGA controller and a 12"
Display and touch. We also support one internal speaker with 8 bit DAC
controlled by SPI, SPI works but isn't very comfortabel anyway.
Now we are doing a redesign (VGA controller isn't any more available) and so
we also speed up the board, so we want to use the 8247.
We also found some AC97 codecs with integrated touch controller which will
fit perfectly for our needs, so how is the support of AC97 codecs for
QuiccII processors? Any hints or would this be nonesense?

best regards
Gerhard