bi_recs

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Fri Oct 1 21:14:52 EST 2004

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 13:11, Kumar Gala wrote:

>>I've been told that ARM has a solution, in place, to this problem that
>>might always be worth looking at.

I asked on their mailing list a while ago in preparation but I think Ben
has the best approach.

> I'd rather see you guys sync with what I did on ppc64 and use that
> kind of OF device-tree, we already have all the code for using it
> and it would make the mecanism compatible with the prep/chrp/pmac
> kernel...

Yeah. I'm going to start ripping through your code at the weekend and
figure out how what you've done - not having a nice shiney ppc64 box
means I've not yet got an excuse to play with that tree myself. I am
however hopefull that my next Powerbook will be a G5 :-).

> But that's just a suggestion...

Taken.

Jon.