MPC5200 toolchain test

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 27 01:36:56 EST 2004

Dear Ivica,

in message <41A709E1.4050608 at asist-traffic.com> you wrote:

> Educational reasons were my primary motives besides the independence
> factor. :-)

OK, understood and accepted (that was  the  starting  point  for  the
ELDK, too :-)

> I will have a certain budget to spend.What tools should I use? BDI2000?
> Any alternatives,
> or is this simply superior tool for debugging purposes?

It is. IMHO the BDI2000 is the de-facto standard tool  for  low-level
Linux debugging.

> >There is some pretty extensive documentation in our DULG about how to
> Yes I know of it. It doesn't describe though the process of compiling
> and linking standalone
> applications to run without OS.

Ummm.. there is. See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/UBootStandalone

[I hope you don't call "U-Boot" an OS ;-) ]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Commitment, n.:      Commitment can be illustrated by a breakfast
of ham and eggs. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed.