U-Boot with DDR ECC Compilation Error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 24 06:04:14 EST 2004

In message <20041123161139.2563.qmail at web41415.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> I am porting U-Boot for a custom board that is very

You should post U-Boot related questions to the u-boot-users  mailing
list instead. Here on this list you re off topic.

> similar to the MPC8540ADS.  Everything compiles fine,
> until I try to compile in DDR SDRAM ECC support.  I
> tried compiling U-Boot for the MPC8540ADS and I get
> the same error once I define 'CONFIG_DDR_ECC'.  Here
> is the output:

CONFIG_DDR_ECC is set by default for the MPC8540ADS board; this configuration builds fine here. I guess you must be doing something wrong.

Is there any chance that your files got corrupted  by  storing  in  a
Windoze filesystem?

> ppc_8xx-gcc -Wa,-gstabs -D__ASSEMBLY__ -g  -Os   -fPIC

Why do you chose the ppc_8xx compiler here? This is not  the  optimal
choice  for  a  85xx processor (allthough this does not really matter
here).

> /orss/gtvme/uboot/u-boot-1.1.1/cpu/mpc85xx/start.S

Seems you are using U-Boot 1.1.1; why are you using  an  old  version
for a new port? Please use current code (top of CVS) instead.

> I am using the ppc_8xx- tools from ELDK 3.1. I would

Try using current code,  and  make  sure  that  your  files  are  not
corrupted.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every living thing wants to survive.
	-- Spock, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3