compiling ELDK3 microwindows source paket

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 23 09:26:45 EST 2004

In message <41A24026.5070908 at gmx.net> you wrote:

> I want to rebuild the ELDK3 (www.denx.de) microwindows source paket
> (host system: i386 pc running SUSE 9.0; target system: embedded ppc405;
> CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_4xx-).
>
> For it I installed the source in the ELDK3 directory and tried to
> rebuild the paket with  ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba microwindows.spec.
> This gave some errors because the host and not the cross compiler was used.

There is a detailed description how to do this inthe ELDK manual;
please see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.2.

Please pay special attention to the two requirements shown at the end
of this paragraph.

> After I changed the file microwindows-0.90-config.ppc.patch from

Don't do this, it will break the build.

> What can it be?

User error. Please RTFM.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There's only one kind of woman ..." "Or man, for  that  matter.  You
either believe in yourself or you don't."
	-- Kirk and Harry Mudd, "Mudd's Women", stardate 1330.1