Problem bringing up Linux on Custom MPC852 Board

Chris Down chris at alcor.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 23:43:33 EST 2004

.
> > > At this point it stops executing in arch_kernel_thread.
> >
> > I bet some beer that this is actually a FAQ - see
> > http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxCrashesRandomly
> >
> > This phenomenon is typical for a novice's port of U-Boot.
> >

> Wolfgang, thanks for your reply. I will re-check the SDRAM
> initialisation and UPM programming.

Wolfgang,
The solution was a lot simpler, there was no problem with the SDRAM
initialisation. The cause was due to the fact that I had a BDI2000 connected and
the SYSIE bit was enabled in the DER for flash programming. Clearing this bit
solved the problem, probably a typical novice error :-)

Regards

Chris Down