ELDK 3.1?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 18 07:37:27 EST 2004

In message <C509F54D-38D2-11D9-9D5A-000393DBC2E8 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> I thought from some posts on the u-boot lists that 3.1 was going to
> have a 85xx build as well?

Argh, you're persevering... ok, here we go.

Yes, ELDK 3.1 uses GCC-3.3.3 and binutils 2.14 to support 85xx etc.

There is a lot of new packets:

	appWeb 		1.2.2-1_5
	bzip2 		1.0.2-5_1
	bzip2-devel 	1.0.2-5_1
	bzip2-libs 	1.0.2-5_1
	dhclient 	3.0.1rc13-2
	dhcp 		3.0.1rc13-2
	dosfstools 	2.8-3
	dropbear 	0.43-1_2
	file 		3.39-9_2
	lrzsz 		0.12.20-14_1
	net-snmp 	5.0.6-17_2
	net-snmp-devel 	5.0.6-17_2
	net-snmp-utils 	5.0.6-17_2

As you can see, the focus is on network enabled devices: the powerful
"appWeb" web server, the "dropbear" SSH server, SNMP support, etc.

But there is also another group of new target packets:

	autoconf 	2.57-3_1
	byacc 		1.9-22_1
	flex 		2.5.4a-26_1
	libtool 	1.4.3-5_1
	libtool-libs 	1.4.3-5_1
	m4 		1.4.1-11_1
	patch 		2.5.4-14_1
	rpm 		4.1.1-1.8xa_7
	rpm-build 	4.1.1-1.8xa_7
	rpm-devel 	4.1.1-1.8xa_7

This is all that was missing for a more or less complete native build
environment; with the current ELDK you can  easily  build  all  those
software  packets that are difficult to handle in a cross envrionment
(like Perl, to name just  one).  If  you  have  the  resources  (RAM,
external  storage)  on  your target you can even bootstrap a complete
Linux distribution on a target system.

ELDK 3.1 comes with support for PowerPC, ARM (new: XScale explicitely
supported), and MIPS (new: little-endian systems supported).

And there is some bug fixes and other minor extensions.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
                                                    - Albert Einstein