MPC82xx -- DPRAM1

morten.banzon at axxessit.no morten.banzon at axxessit.no
Tue Nov 16 22:16:36 EST 2004

I am not sure if I understand you. The CPM must have been told somehow
that there is something for its peripherals in this particular region of
the dpram1 or no ? I wild guess could be that the bootloader (in this case
u-boot) has configured this area of dpram1 behind the back of the kernel.
I assume that is not the case. Would not that be rather ugly ?

The mcc driver I am trying to get running on linux-2.6.9 is a driver I
wrote for pSos a few years ago, and it is running fine on that platform.
Therefore, I am sure that there is nothing i the processor or the cpm that
prevents me from putting mcc related parameters at offset zero in the
dpram1.
I am still trying to figure out what piece of code in the kernel that I
have to manipulate to get this driver working.

Thanks for any advise,
Morten

"Mark Chambers" <markc at mail.com>
16.11.2004 04:43