Any possibility of common mini test kernel for 8xx/82xx/85xx?

Sam Song samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Nov 16 12:55:39 EST 2004

Dan Malek <dan at embeddededge.com> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2004, at 4:28 AM, Sam Song wrote:
>
> > could I deduce a possibility that we can make a
> > common mini test kerenl which only support
> > Monitor/RAMDISK/EXT2 for 8xx/82xx/85xx? Or even
> > better work on all PowerPC boards?
>
> The Linux kernels are very different and would have
> to be unique. I have small ram disks for demos that
> I run on all PowerPC platforms.

Oh, I now know what you meant. But the common small
ram disks could also be very attractive to some folks
like me. Make one leg stable so that we can move
another one to march, anyway. :-)

Could you pls offer the cute one to us? Oops, I am too
greedy to make myself annoyed. Just ignore me if it
touch sth inappropriate to open.

Thank you very much.

=====
Best regards,