Trouble booting uboot on 440GX (ocotea) eval board after initial power-up boot

Howard, Marc Marc.Howard at KLA-Tencor.com
Fri Nov 12 13:19:02 EST 2004

Hi,

I've built and installed U-Boot 1.1.2 on an IBM 440GX eval board
(ocotea).  After powering the board I can get the uboot interactive
prompt.  If I type 'reset' or hit the reset button it hangs.  I get the
same results whether or not I use the BDI2000.  Doing a power cycle of
the board is the only way to get back to the prompt.

Is there some reconfiguation U-Boot does that causes the processor boot
address to change after the initial power-up?  Am I missing something
here?

Thanks,

Marc W. Howard