How much easier makes owning a BDI2000 things?

Sam Song samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Nov 11 18:22:56 EST 2004

Conn Clark <clark at esteem.com> wrote:
> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
[snip]
> > Seems you never had to deal with any time critical
> > problems, then.
> >

> I have, however I used I/O bits and an Oscilliscope
> ;-)

But how about the time you solved the problem? Suppose
a sudden power failure happened and the monitor port
of your custom board couldn't give any output. Could
you find the problem in no time like 5 - 10 minutes at
most? I met this problem twice on my custom board. It
took me one night to find out the problem at first
under help of BDI2000 and Oscilliscope without any
experience. The problem was SDRAM damage. And BDI2000
helped me make sure that 4 SDRAM chips on board were
all broken. Second time, I just found out the real
problem in 10 minutes or so with BDI2000. There were 2
broken of 4 parallel FLASH chips in 8-bit.

So, IMHO, for the sake of efficiency and accurateness,
BDI2000 is much better than Oscilliscope, at least in
time critical situation like trouble shooting.

=====
Best regards,

Sam