How much easier makes owning a BDI2000 things?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 10 06:51:36 EST 2004

In message <4190FE1F.4080105 at esteem.com> you wrote:

> 	Its worth it weight in gold bringing up custom boards the first time
> and writing/debuging the boot rom. It allows you to change register

... or when debugging the Linux kernel, device drivers and especially
RTAI real-time modules (because you can really freeze the CPU  state,
including timers etc.).

> 	We haven't used ours much for debugging once things were up and
> running(we have fallen back to using printk statements for debugging).
> Though it can be used for that and some core kernel developers do use
> it. (probably for debugging the printk code of the kernel  ;-)  )

Seems you never had to deal with any time critical problems, then.

Best regards,

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Name one thing windows is better than unix in?
                                          Making money for Microsoft?
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8cvi5t4c3t.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>