Problem with user-space programs on 405GP

Vladimir vova-ks at yandex.ru
Tue Nov 2 11:54:39 EST 2004

Hello All !
I'm trying to run linux (2.4.22) on embedded PowerPC (405GP). It boots nice,
but when it tries to execute /sbin/init it hangs. Last console messages
are:

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 56k init 4k prep

I've tried to replace /sbin/init by my own executable - it's definitely have
not been executed.
I've traced it to the "last point" in kernel-mode (instruction rfi in file
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S:389). Before this point everything is all right. But
after this instruction kernel just hangs.
After this sysrq-t prints that process init are running at c0007190 (this is
in the arch_kernel_thread).
sysrq-p does not print any registers, just the line "SysRq : Show Regs".

Could someone give me any tips how to fix this trouble ?

--
         Vladimir