Internal Address multiplexing for MCP852

Estevam Fabio-R49496 Fabio.Estevam at freescale.com
Sat May 29 04:06:20 EST 2004

Hi,

I am using Embedded Planet´s EP852T board and there are 2 MT48LC4M16 SDRAMs in this board .

The .../ppcboot/u-boot-1.0.0x/board/ep852/ep852.c file has the 852 UPM initialization routine and it is configured not to use the address multiplexing capability of the 852. It uses an external address multiplexer chip instead.

I would like to remove the external multiplexer chip and connect the 852 address lines directly  to the SDRAMs  without using a multiplexer.

I know that I will have to set the SAM bit in the SDRAM_OR1VALUE register and also the AMX bits in the UPM RAM words of the const uint sdram table[] array.

Please let me know if someone has already done that setting and would like to share it with me.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam