2.6-7-rc1 8xx - No go

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri May 28 22:16:38 EST 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004 rdiz at alumni.deec.uc.pt wrote:

> Did you actually manage to compile standard (no tweak), 2.6.7-rc1 for 8xx?
> If so, what '8xx Machine Type' did you chose?

and here's another almost assuredly dumb question on my part -- can
someone clarify the different kernel source trees that are under
discussion here?

the one i'm playing with is ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc-2.5, while the
posting above suggests a recent version straight from the stock kernel.org
repository.

what's the protocol for patches and updates?  do first attempts at patches
go into the 2.5 tree and, from there, get pushed up to the stock tree?
just curious about the proper way i should be updating my source tree and
testing.

thanks.

rday