8xx-2.6 | Prolog

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri May 28 08:34:24 EST 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:44:21AM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:

> On May 26, 2004, at 8:05 AM, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
>
> >Awaiting comments.
[snip]
> ... We can't define update_mmu_cache
> as a null function.  It performs a necessary function of cache
> management.  We may just be lucky because the caches on the 8xx
> are small, but this is a subtle bug waiting to happen.

Are you certain?  This is something in 2.4, and while I am having weird
problems locally (that I can't rule out as being hw issues), adding that
change in is what gets me a working init=/bin/bash.

> I did not check these in.  Tom can you do so and make sure other
> 8xx boards will at least compile?  I'll fix up the stuff I don't like
> later :-)

I'm going to be checking this all in momentarily.  On my system right
now, I can get both of my rpxlite's to init=/bin/bash, mostly working,
if and only if I use the new uart driver and if I configure it for SMC1
AND SCC1 (which seems wrong).

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/