patch for cpu/mpc8xx/cpu.c:get_tbclk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 28 07:48:56 EST 2004

Dear David,

in message <OFFF069FF9.720525F3-ON85256EA1.00688E39-85256EA1.0069104C at nanometrics.ca> you wrote:

> The last if condition is wrong in this function.   The change is made
> against 0.4.8.  AFAIK, 1.0.2 still has the same problem.

Let me guess what your are talking about. This is the
linuxppc-embedded mailing list. Are you talking about Linux?

Or are you completely off topic here?

> And I wonder why it has to reverse engineer the oscclk when I pass the
> value as a define to come up with the gd->cpu_clk for the MPC866 family...
> It is a bit useless I think.

Then submit a patch which iomproves the situation.  But  please  send
this  to  the  proper  mailing  list  (u-boot-users),  and follow the
instructions in the README (section "Submitting Patches").

Thanks.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
No question is too silly to ask. Of course, some  questions  are  too
silly to to answer...  - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_