Random EMT crashes

Christopher E Cordahi chris at nanometrics.ca
Fri May 28 03:13:06 EST 2004

Hello all,

When I run Qt/Embedded applications on my DENX 2.4.24 kernel, on a
MPC852T processor the application tends to randomly crash with EMT trap.

Running gdb on the target causes problems with several drivers,
most noticeably, I can't telnet or ftp in again, however already
established
telnet sessions continue to work.

I've tried running gdbserver on the target, but I can't get it to run.
I've read http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/DebuggingApplication
guessing as to how to correct a few of the errors on the page.
(should CROSS_COMPILE include the hyphen, the commands require it
to be "ppc_8xx-", but the root directory is "/opt/eldk/ppc_8xx")

Any suggestions where I should look or how to get more information

Chris