memory dump

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 25 04:03:07 EST 2004

In message <20040524112745.GV23093 at smtp.barco.com> you wrote:

> Can I obtain the memory location of kernel variables based on the
> System.map file in such a way that I can dump them with a BDI probe.

Yes. Just "grep" for the symbol in System.map and subtract KERNELLOAD
resp. CONFIG_KERNEL_START (0xC0000000); for example:

	-> grep log_buf System.map
	c017c754 b log_buf

Use: "dump 0x0017c754" to dump the contents of the log buffer.

See also http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity." "And in the way
our differences combine to create meaning and beauty."
	-- Dr. Miranda Jones and Spock, "Is There in Truth No Beauty?",
	   stardate 5630.8