8260 CPM DP ram free function

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Sat May 22 07:44:32 EST 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 1:35 PM, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> I hope someone on this list can push the following patch to one of the
> ppc trees.

Will you please get rid of those #ifdefs?  If the code works, just
use it, if not, don't ask for a patch to be applied.  There is no
reason for this.

> The functions that are added are m8260_cpm_dpfree() and
> m8260_cpm_hostfree()

The "host" functions should simply be removed and drivers should
use kmalloc()/kfree(), manage their own alignment restrictions, since
the 82xx is cache coherent.

Let's clean this up and do it right if we are going to do it at all.

Thanks.

	-- Dan