8260 CPM DP ram free function

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat May 22 05:23:33 EST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 12:35:01PM -0500, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> It adds functionality to the 8260 CPM to free() allocated host and dp
> ram memory. (nice for loadable drivers that use DP ram)

First, when this has come up in the past, the first question is why is
this useful, given that with the hardware and peripherals in question,
loadable drivers aren't really useful (and don't shoot the messenger
please).

Second, you removed the EXPORT_SYMBOL for the old alloc, but I didn't
see quickly how a module would make use of the new infrastructure since
there weren't any new EXPORT_SYMBOLs.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/