ELDK 3.0 C++ Problem

Mark Chambers markc at mail.com
Sat May 22 04:26:30 EST 2004

> I'll bet _two_ cases of beer that Wolfgang won the beer. The seg. fault is
> happening in the memset.

Before this goes any further, I think we need to put the beer in escrow.  I
humbly offer my garage.  I will sample it and make sure it's worthy of this
duel.

By the way - on the printf - do you have a '\n' on the end of your
diagnostic message?  If you're right, you're going to have to go the next
step and find out exactly what is failing in new().  'new' should basically
boil down to malloc(4), possibly followed by 'if (p == 0) branch_to_catch',
then *p = 10000;  Hard to imagine what could go wrong there...

Mark Chambers